Consultant: External organisational review of Mukikute TB patient organisation
Location: Dar es salaam with field visits to Mwanza, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Kagera and Pwani
Application Deadline: 23 rd September 2020 (Midnight Tanzanian Time)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Languages Required: English & Swahili
Mukikute is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) implementing community TB Care in Tanzania through empowering community affected with TB and HIV to take part in the response. The organisation was officially registered in 2007, as an organisation of former TB patients organizing work for a stronger, rights-based community involvement to reduce the burden of TB and HIV. The goal of Mukikute's work is to strengthen community awareness on TB and HIV and decrease stigmatization of those living with TB and HIV, improve early case detection and assist patients in their treatment to ensure treatment completion and cure.
The main purpose of this external organizational review is to assess Mukikute organizational capacity to manage the current projects, its activities and potential scale ups, identify strengths and weaknesses and provide recommendations for further organizational strengthening.This assignment shall evaluate the overall performance of Mukikute as an organization in the fulfilment of obligations.
The evaluation should be conducted in line with the principles outlined in the Approved Terms of Reference that will be issued to only successful applicant/consultant. To ensure accuracy and credibility of the findings, data should be triangulated as far as possible with the use of multiple primary and secondary data collection methods and sources, including but not limited to desk reviews, document analysis, key informant interviews /focus group discussions with communities and thematic experts (some could be conducted virtually subject to availability and context) and case studies. The methodology should outline the strategies to answer the evaluation criteria and key questions in the ToR, including proposed strategies to assess various aspects.
The evaluation consultant should have both personal and professional integrity and abide by the Tanzanian Ethical Guidelines to ensure that the rights of individuals involved in the evaluation are respected. The evaluator must act with cultural sensitivity and pay attention to protocols, codes and recommendations that may be relevant to their interactions with beneficiaries. As part of the Inception Report, the evaluator will develop a specific protocol for the conduct of the evaluation and data collection in line with respecting do no harm, diversity and gender equality. All data collected through the evaluation is property of Mukikute and must be provided to the organization, if requested, in a word format.
Management and Implementation Arrangements.
The External evaluation exercise will be facilitated by Mukikute Director. The focal point for leading this evaluation from Mukikute will be appointed by the Director. Partners will be engaged systematically during the evaluation process to facilitate the conduct of a transparent and participatory evaluation. Key experts and partners shall be invited to the presentation of preliminary findings, and their feedback shall be incorporated into the final inception report. The inception and finals report will be finally approved by the Director of Mukikute
Duration of Assignment
The contract will be supervised and financed by Mukikute. Considering the ongoing activities, implementation at sub-national level, 21 days have been allocated and the evaluator must demonstrate flexibility in case there is any shifting condition.
Evaluation Consultant and required competencies.
The independent Individual Consultant is required to evaluate using the stipulated evaluation criteria. Given that subject-specific knowledge is required, the consultant would need to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and expertise in Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS. Additionally, the consultant should demonstrate expertise in monitoring, evaluation, statistical analysis, and communication of data with proven experience in conducting research, evaluation and complex data gathering as well as experience working with populations in the different provinces/ districts of the country, and local governance institutions specific to pillar 3. The consultant should have a strong understanding on gender equality and sensitivity as well as language capability to produce high quality reports in
English and interact comfortably with local audiences in Swahili.
In addition, the following requirements are desirable:
a. Strong networks on the ground (including at provincial and local government level) with government and civil society partners.
b. Substantive experience working on local governance mechanisms, area based planning in Tanzania contexts, will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum education of master’s degree in Public Health and/or related discipline;
- Qualifications, including specialized trainings or certifications on program evaluation and results based management;
- At least 7 years of experience in designing and leading program evaluation on Public sector in a Health context, including on gender equality, , Experience in conducting and managing evaluations of projects highly desirable;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of M&E methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and participatory data collection approaches;
- Proven ability to produce high-quality reports and manage diverse perspectives in communications and consultations with relevant stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a team;
- Excellent written and spoken English and representational capacities;
- Fluency in national language-Swahili
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send in your email to: email@example.com
The application should contain:
- Cover letter outlining relevant experiences & explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the advertised position
- Updated CV to include qualifications/competencies and relevant past experience in similar projects and contact details of 3 professional referees who can certify your competencies, professionalism, quality of writing, presentation and overall suitability to this TOR
- Individual consultants will be evaluated based on a combination of factors including cover letter, the credentials on offer and brief interview (optional) and the offer which gives the best value for money for Mukikute.
Please note that only selected consultant will receive Full Terms of reference and will be required to develop inception report and the financial Proposal.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.