· Certificate in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering (NTA Level IV), NTA Level II or III or equivalent from a recognized institution.
· Detailed practical knowledge & experience of fixing heavy duty trucks specifically HOWO, BENZ, SCANIA and DAF
· Five (5) years' experience as Mechanic from recognized Institutions.
· Have a good knowledge of the principles, practices & technology associated with Fixing Heavy-Duty Trucks.
· Must be a driving license holder.
· Must have National Identification Card.
· Perform truck testing prior to repairs to verify complaint.
· Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper vehicle running.
· Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
· Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists, and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions.
· Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devises such as motor analyzers, handheld computers, and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
· Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be.
· Replace parts, valves, bearings, and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems.
· Measure vehicle emissions to ensure they are in the proper limits.
· Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
· Perform diagnostic tests for routine maintenance procedures and determine a course of action for damaged parts and systems.
· Attend any truck breakdown within and outside the country.
· Responsible for ensuring that duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
· Performs preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on company equipment
· Report writing and submitting the same on a weekly basis.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Email your CV to BRIGHTERMONDAY PLATFORM
BE SURE TO CLICK "EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS" BEFORE CLICKING "APPLY NOW"