Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to email@example.com
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position(s) below:
Job Title: VMMC Regional Program Officer (2 Positions)
Reports to: Regional Technical Coordinator
Location: Songwe and Katavi
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer will provide clinical and programmatic field support to the implementation of HJFMRI’s VMMC scale up activities in the Southern Highlands. The purpose of this position is to provide field based clinical and programmatic support to the CHMT and RHMT in the implementation of quality VMMC services provided through static sites, outreach and campaign services. She/he will ensure VMMC activities implementation conforms to the national guidelines. She/he will also support partners in the development of annual work plans and budgets based on the country strategies and operation plans. The program officer for VMMC will be part of a clinical team at the HJFMRI regional offices ensuring the implementation of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. She/he will directly report to the RCC with dotted lines to the HJFMRI VMMC Programme Advisor. The VMMC program officer’s position is based in Mbeya/Rukwa, /Katavi with extensive travels to districts within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist partners in the development of strategic plans, work plans, monthly, quarterly and annual data collection and compilation of reports.
- Provide technical support, mentoring and supervision to implementing partners on VMMC services and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering of services.
- Assist in organizing and carrying out training programs for health care workers to deliver VMMC services in the regions as well as clinical implementation of VMMC program for HIV prevention.
- Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/ HJFMRI and Government of Tanzania protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices
- Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC services.
- Assist in identifying priorities for assessment, research and evaluations related to VMMC services.
- Prepare reports, success stories, technical briefs, draft abstracts for presentations, and updates on the ongoing implementation of VMMC services
- Collaborate with partners to organize outreach and VMMC campaigns in the region and ensure the providers adhere to quality and standardized practices.
- Build capacity of health-care providers and ensure they collect, compile and report quality VMMC data, including the use of data for quality improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure linkages between VMMC and other facility and community based HIV services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the sound functioning of the program.
- Medical Degree (MD) with at least two year surgical clinical experience in Tanzania. Assistant Medical Officers with a three years surgical experience and experience working in HIV program may apply.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in HIV/AIDs programs desired.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Working with local government officials and government health facilities is important.
- Experience with VMMC as an HIV prevention intervention an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
- Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, Internet)
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.